The most common car accident injuries our FT Lauderdale injury lawyers see are head injury. Head and brain injury is a big part of the car accident settlements in Florida. Looking for 411 pain or Morgan and Morgan? Why not try our auto accident lawyers? We have been here since 1991 helping people just like you.
A auto collision, a traffic accident, motor vehicle collision, motor vehicle accident, car accident, automobile accident, Road Traffic Collision (RTC), car crash, occurs when a vehicle crashes into another vehicle, or hits a pedestrian, animal, road debris, or other stationary obstruction, such as a tree or utility pole. Traffic collisions may result in injury, death and property damage.
Hitting the windshield or falling out from the car, when not being harnessed with a safety belt, are main reasons for head injuries in car accidents. head injuries can be concussion or TBI also known as traumatic brain injury
- head pain,
- visible head deformities,
- nausea and dizziness
- Tenderness or instability of head bones upon pressing
- Painful mouth opening (temporomandibular joint (TMJ) pain)
- Problems with memory and concentration
- Pupils of unequal diameter, or excessively wide or narrow
- Nosebleeds or clear liquid (liquor) leaking from the nose
- Impaired vision, hearing, smelling or unusual sensations in any body part
- Weak or paralysed limbs
In order to asses the value of an auto accident case, car accident lawyers look at the extent of injury. Injury is proven by medical documentation bit sometimes additonal investigation is required to make the point of severe debilitating permanent injury. The impact analysis is an important part of making a case for montetary damages. The severity of the collision must be proven. An auto accident reconstruction expert is brought in by your auto accident lawyer to help make the case for the severity of the auto collision.
Collision severity is the quantification of the intensity of an impact. In traffic accident reconstruction, the impact of interest is typically between two vehicles (e.g. automobile, truck, bus, motorcycle, or bicycle), between a vehicle occupant and the vehicle interior, between a vehicle and pedestrian, or between a vehicle and a fixed object (e.g. building, wall, tree, rock, or other landscape feature).
The case must be made for compensatory damages and the statement of facts will include a arguement for
- A dollar figure will be put on all the consequences of your auto accident by your personal injury lawyer.
- reimbursement for property damage
- medical bills. pain and suffering
- inability to enjoy hobbies
- physical limitations caused by accident-related injuries.
- wrongful death of a loved one
- Medical treatment current past and future
- Income. your salary and wages
- compensation for an accident victim's "loss of earning capacity."
- Property loss.
- ongoing pain that can be attributed to the accident.
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment.
- Loss of consortium.
The concept of negligence will be brought up. The insurance company will argue you role in the accident. The more they can say you contributed the less monetary value your case will have. That is why an experienced Fort Lauderdale auto accident lawyer must be hired for your auto accident lawsuit.