Medical Malpractice Overview
You may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit if a health care professional neglects to provide appropriate treatment, omits to take an appropriate action, or gives substandard treatment that causes severe injury, or death.
A malpractice or negligence lawsuit is an action due to a medical error. This could be missed or misdiagnosis, medication dosage, health management, treatment, or aftercare. Medical malpractice lawyers help to recover compensation from any harms that result from sub-standard treatment. An error, negligence, or omission can lead to a malpractice lawsuit against a hospital, doctor, or other health care professional.
Can I File A Florida Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
What Is The Criteria?
- The injury must be serious with permanent lasting consequences.
- You must show that the injury or harm caused by the medical negligence resulted in considerable injury or death
- You must show that the physician acted negligently in rendering care, and that such negligence resulted in injury.
- A breach of professional duty must be shown
- injury caused have been caused by this breach
- There must be resulting damages or injury.
- There must be an act of omission or a negligence.
- It is only malpractice when there is negligence and injury and negligence causes the harm or injury.
Examples Of Malpractice
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose,
- Unnecessary or incorrect surgery,
- Premature discharge from a medical facility,
- Failure to order appropriate tests,
- Failure to act on results of tests,
- Not following up on a medical issue,
- Prescribing the wrong dosage ot medication,
- Prescribing the wrong medication,
- Giving the wrong medication,
- Leaving things inside the patient’s body after surgery,
- Operating on the wrong part of the body,
- Persistent pain after surgery,
- Pressure ulcers, or bedsores in a nursing home or other facility
The Most Common Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Delayed Diagnosis,
- Childbirth Injuries,
- Medication Errors,
- Surgery Errors,
- Anesthesia Error Malpractice
If you feel you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice or doctor- hospital negligence contact us immediately