Free Legal Shield has launched a Florida Mesothelioma Lawyer Helpline for victims of asbestos. There is funds for asbestos victims in various trusts that were set up for the purpose of compnesatin mesothlioma victims.
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Lawyer Helpline
What you need to Know
- A trust fund allows the companies responsible for the asbestos exposure to plan their expenditures for compensation.
- The trust fund is funded by mandatory contributions from the companies who built their profits on asbestos.
- The trust fund is part of a Chapter 11 proceeding for the companies who have declared bankruptcy
- Congress introduced special treatment for companies facing an overwhelming burden from asbestos litigation.
- The company must commit at least 50% of their reorganized equity to a trust fund which will be used to pay asbestos claims.
- The trust funds from which benefits will be drawn will be funded by contributions from several dozen companies who have caused victims to get mesothelioma from asbestos.
- The contribution is set by the law.
- The contribution is determined by the liability and capacity to contribute
- Filing an asbestos bankruptcy trust claim requires showing evidence of an asbestos related injury.
- Most trusts identify categories and levels of diseases that are eligible for various amounts of compensation.
Evidence Of An Asbestos Related Injury
Medical Documentation of Asbestos Disease Claim
- Reports showing that the claimant has been diagnosed with an asbestos-related .
- Documentation describing to what extent asbestos contributed to your disease.
- A statement from a treating doctor regarding the diagnosis.
- Evidence that you were exposed to asbestos at the company’s facilities or from the company’s products
It is best to get help from an asbestos lawyer with experience in these claims to make sure they are done correctly and to help gather the information. This is a tedious process which you and your family should not have to deal with on your own.